Beginning with your initial phone call, our team works hard to prepare and organize all the necessary information for your dental examination.
During your first visit, we provide adults with the following:
- Introduction to Dr. Pierce and his staff.
- Evaluation of past medical and dental history, which may affect treatment.
- A comprehensive exam, which includes an examination of the mouth for cavities, gum disease, any current dental issues; oral cancer screening; and necessary x-rays.
- Oral hygiene instructions.
- A discussion of your dental needs and a treatment plan based on your individual needs.
- During your visit we encourage you to ask questions or discuss concerns you may have about your dental health.
For Infants and Children
Your child’s first visit with us should be within six months after the first tooth comes in and no later than their first birthday. This visit is considered a “well baby checkup” for teeth. It should be earlier if you observe discolorations, swellings, or anything else abnormal surrounding the teeth or gums.
A thorough examination will be completed by your dentist and will include the following:
- A friendly visit. (You can tell your young child, “The dentist will count your teeth, take some pictures of your teeth, and may shine your teeth.”)
- Evaluation of past medical and dental problems, which may affect treatment.
- Examination of the teeth and gums.
- Cleaning (prophylaxis) may be done.
- Necessary x-rays.
- Treatment planning according to findings and patient needs.
- Oral hygiene instructions and information about prevention of early childhood decay, gum disease (gingivitis), and other dental concerns.
We want children to feel comfortable about receiving dental care. We encourage you and your child to ask questions or discuss concerns with us.